Friday, March 24, 2017

Psalm 48:2-3

Beautiful in its loftiness, the joy of the whole earth, like the heights of Zaphon is Mount Zion, the city of the Great King. God is in her citadels; he has shown himself to be her fortress.

Beautiful in its loftiness, the joy of the whole earth 
Psalm 50:2  From Zion, perfect in beauty, God shines forth.
Lamentations 2:15  All who pass your way clap their hands at you; they scoff and shake their heads at Daughter Jerusalem: "Is this the city that was called the perfection of beauty, the joy of the whole earth?"
Ezekiel 16:14  "And your fame spread among the nations on account of your beauty, because the splendor I had given you made your beauty perfect, declares the Sovereign LORD."

like the heights of Zaphon 
Joshua 13:27  ... and in the valley, Beth Haram, Beth Nimrak, Sukkoth and Zaphon with the rest of the realm of Sihon king of Heshbon (the east side of the Jordan, the territory up to the end of the Sea of Galilee).

is Mount Zion 
Psalm 2:6  "I have installed my king on Zion, my holy mountain."

the city of the Great King 
Matthew 5:34-35  "But I tell you, do not swear an oath at all: ether by heaven, for it is God's throne; or by the earth, for it is his footstool; or by Jerusalem, for it is the city of the Great King."  

God is in her citadels 
Psalm 48:12-13  Walk about Zion, go around her, count her towers, consider well her ramparts, view her citadels, that you may tell of them to the next generation.
Psalm 122:7  May there be peace within your walls and security within your citadels.

he has shown himself to be her fortress 
Psalm 18:2  The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.
 
Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. 
Limited to 15 verses per post.

No comments:

Post a Comment