Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Psalm 46:7-8

The LORD Almighty is with us; the God of Jacob is our fortress. Come and see what the LORD has done, the desolations he has brought on the earth.

The LORD Almighty 
1 Samuel 1:11  And she made a vow, saying, "LORD Almighty, if you will only look on your servant's misery and remember me, and not forget your servant but give her a son, then I will give him to the LORD for all the days of his life and no razor will ever be used on his head."

is with us 
Genesis 21:22-24  At that time Abimelek and Phicol the commander of his forces said to Abraham, "God is with you in everything you do. Now swear to me here before God that you will not deal falsely with me or my children or my descendants. Show to me and the country where you now reside as a foreigner the same kindness I have shown to you." Abraham said, "I swear it."

the God of Jacob
Psalm 20:1  May the LORD answer you when you are in distress; may the name of the God of Jacob protect you.

is our fortress 
Psalm 18:2  The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.

Come and see what the LORD has done 
Psalm 66:5  Come and see what God has done, his awesome deeds for mankind!

the desolations he has brought on the earth 
Isaiah 17:9  In that day their strong cities, which they left behind because of the Israelites, will be like places abandoned to thickets and undergrowth. And all will be desolation.
Isaiah 64:10  Your sacred cities have become a wasteland; even Zion is a wasteland, Jerusalem a desolation.
Daniel 9:26-27  "After the sixty-two 'sevens', the Anointed One will be put to death and will have nothing. The people of the ruler who will come will destroy the city and the sanctuary. The end will come like a flood: War will continue until the end, and desolations have been decreed. He will confirm a covenant with many for one 'seven'. In the middle of the 'seven' he will put an end to sacrifice and offering. And at the temple he will set up an abomination that causes desolation, until the end that is decreed is poured out on him."
Luke 21:20  "When you see Jerusalem being surrounded by armies, you will know that its desolation is near."

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. 
Limited to 15 verses per post.

No comments:

Post a Comment