Monday, March 6, 2017

Psalm 46:1-3 Part 2 of 5

God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea, though its waters roar and foam and the mountains quake with their surging.

God is our refuge 
Jeremiah 17:17  Do not be a terror to me; you are my refuge in the day of disaster.
Joel 3:16  The LORD will roar from Zion and thunder from Jerusalem; the earth and the heavens will tremble. But the LORD will be a refuge for his people, a stronghold for the people of Israel.
Nahum 1:7  The LORD is good, a refuge in times of trouble. He cares for those who trust in him, ...

and strength 
Psalm 18:1  I love you, LORD, my strength.

an ever-present 
Psalm 34:18  The LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.
Lamentations 3;57  You came near when I called you, and you said, "Do not fear."

help 
Psalm 18:6  In my distress I called to the LORD; I cried to my God for help. From his temple he heard my voice; my cry came before him, into his ears.
Luke 1:54-55  "He has helped his servant Israel, remembering to be merciful to Abraham and his descendants forever, just as he promised our ancestors."

in trouble 
Deuteronomy 4:30  When you are in distress and all these things have happened to you, then in later days you will return to the LORD your God and obey him. 
Psalm 25:17  Relieve the troubles of my heart and free me from my anguish.

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. 
Limited to 15 verses per post.

No comments:

Post a Comment