Friday, March 10, 2017

Psalm 46:4

There is a river whose streams make glad the city of God, the holy place where the Most High dwells. 

There is a river 
Genesis 2:10  A river watering the garden flowed from Eden; from there it was separated into four headwaters.
Revelation 22:1-2  Then the angel showed me the river of the water of life, as clear as crystal, flowing from the throne of God and of the Lamb down the middle of the great street of the city. On each side of the river stood the tree of life, bearing twelve crops of fruit, yielding its fruit every month. And the leaves of the tree are for the healing of the nations.

whose streams 
Psalm 1:3  That person is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither--whatever they do prospers.

make glad the city of God 
Psalm 48:1  Great is the LORD, and most worthy of praise, in the city of our God, his holy mountain.
Psalm 48:8  As we have heard, so we have seen in the city of the LORD Almighty, in the city of our God: God makes her secure forever.
Psalm 87:3  Glorious things are said of you, city of God: ...
Psalm 101:8  Every morning I will put to silence all the wicked in the land; I will cut off every evildoer from the city of the LORD.
Revelation 3:12  "The one who is victorious I will make a pillar in the temple of my God. Never again will they leave it. I will write on them the name of my God and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem, which is coming down out of heaven from my God; and I will also write on them my new name."

the holy place where the Most High 
Genesis 14:18  Then Melchizedek king of Salem brought out bread and wine. He was priest of God Most High, ...

dwells 
2 Samuel 15:25  Then the king said to Zadok, "Take the ark of God back into the city. If I find favor in the LORD's eyes, he will bring me back and let me see it and his dwelling place again."

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. 
Limited to 15 verses per post.

No comments:

Post a Comment