Sunday, March 19, 2017

Psalm 47:3-4

He subdued nations under us, peoples under our feet. He chose our inheritance for us, the pride of Jacob, whom he loved.

He subdued nations under us 
Psalm 18:39  You armed me with strength for battle; you humbled my adversaries before me.
Psalm 18:47  He is the God who avenges me, who subdues nations under me.
Isaiah 14:5-6  The LORD has broken the rod of the wicked, the scepter of the rulers, which in anger struck down peoples with unceasing blows, and in fury subdued nations with relentless aggression.

He chose our inheritance for us 
Psalm 2:8  "Ask me, and I will make the nations your inheritance, the ends of the earth your possession."
Psalm 16:6  The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; surely I have a delightful inheritance.
Psalm 78:55  He drove out nations before them and allotted their lands to them as an inheritance; he settled the tribes of Israel in their homes.
1 Peter 1:3-5  Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade. This inheritance is kept in heaven for you, who through faith are shielded by God's power until the coming of the salvation that is ready to be revealed in the last time.

the pride of Jacob, whom he loved 
Amos 6:8  The Sovereign LORD has sworn by himself--the LORD God Almighty declares: "I abhor the pride of Jacob and detest his fortresses; I will deliver up the city and everything in it."
Amos 8:7  The LORD has sworn by himself, the Pride of Jacob: "I will never forget anything they have done."

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. 
Limited to 15 verses per post.

No comments:

Post a Comment