Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Psalm 5:5

The arrogant cannot stand in your presence. You hate all who do wrong; ... 

The arrogant 
2 Kings 19:32  "Therefore this is what the LORD says concerning the king of Assyria: 'He will not enter this city or shoot an arrow here. He will not come before it with shield or build a siege ramp against it." (also Isaiah 37:33)
Psalm 73:3  For I envied the arrogant when I saw the prosperity of the wicked.
Psalm 75:4  "To the arrogant I say, 'Boast no more,' and to the wicked, 'Do not lift up your horns.' "
Isaiah 33:19  You will see those arrogant people no more, people whose speech is obscure, whose language is strange and incomprehensible.

cannot stand in your presence 
Psalm 1:5  Therefore the wicked will not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the assembly of the righteous.

You hate all who do wrong 
Psalm 45:7  You (the king of Israel) love righteousness and hate wickedness; therefore God, your God, has set you above your companions by anointing you with the oil of joy.
Psalm 101:3  I will not look with approval on anything that is vile. I hate what faithless people do; I will have no part in it.
Psalm 119:104  I gain understanding from your precepts; therefore I hate every wrong path.
Proverbs 8:13  "To fear the LORD is to hate evil; I hate pride and arrogance, evil behavior and perverse speech." (Wisdom speaking)

(parentheses are mine)

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. 
Limited to 15 verses per post.

No comments:

Post a Comment