Monday, December 7, 2015

Psalm 3:7 Part 2 of 2

Arise, LORD! Deliver me, my God! Strike all my enemies on the jaw; break the teeth of the wicked.

Deliver me, my God! 
Isaiah 36:15  "Do not let Hezekiah persuade you to trust in the LORD when he says, 'The LORD will surely deliver us; this city will not be given into the hand of the king of Assyria.' "
Isaiah 37:20  "Now, LORD our God, deliver us from his hand, so that all the kingdoms of the earth may know that you, LORD, are the only God."
Jeremiah 42:11  "Do not be afraid of the king of Babylon, whom you now fear. Do not be afraid of him, declares the LORD, for I am with you and will save you and deliver you from his hands."
Matthew 6:13  "And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one."

Strike all my enemies on the jaw 
Job 16:10  "People open their mouths to jeer at me; they strike my cheek in scorn and unite together against me."

break the teeth of the wicked 
Job 29:17  "I broke the fangs of the wicked and snatched the victims from their teeth."
Psalm 57:4  I am in the midst of lions; I am forced to dwell among ravenous beasts--men whose teeth are spears and arrows, whose tongues are sharp swords.
Proverbs 30:14  "... those whose teeth are swords and whose jaws are set with knives to devour the poor from the earth and the needy from among mankind."
Lamentations 3:16  He has broken my teeth with gravel; he has trampled me in the dust.

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. 
Limited to 15 verses per post.

No comments:

Post a Comment