Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Psalm 23:5

You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.

You prepare a table
Job 36:16 "He is wooing you from the jaws of distress to a spacious place free from restriction, to the comfort of your table laden with choice food."

You anoint my head with oil
Psalm 45:7 You love righteousness and hate wickedness; therefore God, your God, has set you above your companions by anointing you with the oil of joy.
Psalm 92:10 You have exalted my horn like that of a wild ox; fine oils have been poured upon me.
Luke 7:46 "You did not put oil on my head, but she has poured perfume on my feet."

my cup overflows
Psalm 16:5 LORD, you have assigned me my portion and my cup; you have made my lot secure.

NOTES:
a table: Psalm 41:9; Genesis 31:54; Obadiah 7; Exodus 24:8-12
anoint my head with oil: 2 Samuel 12:20; Ecclesiastes 9:8; Daniel 10:3

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society. Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.

No comments:

Post a Comment