Friday, October 30, 2009

John 14:15-16

"If you love me, you will obey what I command. And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Counselor to be with you forever-- ..."

you will obey what I command
John 14:21 "Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me. He who loves me will be loved by my Father and I too will love him and show myself to him."
John 14:23 Jesus replied, "If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching. My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him."
John 15:10 "If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father's commands and remain in his love."
1 John 2:3-6 We know that we have come to know him if we obey his commands. The man who says "I know him," but does not do what he commands is a liar, and the truth is not in him. But if anyone obeys his word, God's love is truly made complete in him. This is how we know we are in him: Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.
1 John 3:24 Those who obey his commands live in him, and he in them. And this is how we know that he lives in us: We know it by the Spirit he gave us.
1 John 5:3 This is love for God: to obey his commands. And his commands are not burdensome, ...
2 John 6 And this is love: that we walk in obedience to his commands. As you have heard from the beginning, his command is that you walk in love.

he will give you another Counselor
John 14:26 "But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you."
John 15:26 "When the Counselor comes, whom I will send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth who goes out from the Father, he will testify about me."
John 16:7 "But I tell you the truth: It is for your own good that I am going away. Unless I go away, the Counselor will not come to you; but if I go I will send him to you."

NOTES:
Psalm 103:17-18; 1 John 3:22; Revelation 12:17; 14:12; James 2:14-26; John 16:7-15; 1 John 2:1

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society. Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.

No comments:

Post a Comment