Thursday, October 8, 2009

Psalm 130:5-6

I wait for the LORD, my soul waits and in his word I put my hope. My soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen wait for the morning, more than watchmen wait for the morning.

I wait for the LORD
Psalm 27:14 Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD.
Isaiah 8:17 I will wait for the LORD, who is hiding his face from the house of Jacob. I will put my trust in him.
Isaiah 26:8 Yes, LORD, walking in the way of your laws, we wait for you; your name and renown are the desire of our hearts.
Isaiah 30:18 Yet the LORD longs to be gracious to you; he rises to show you compassion. For the LORD is a God of justice. Blessed are all who wait for him!
Isaiah 49:23 "Kings will be your foster fathers, and their queens your nursing mothers. They will bow down before you with their faces to the ground; they will lick the dust at your feet. Then you will know that I am the LORD; those who hope in me will not be disappointed."

my soul waits
Psalm 5:3 In the morning, O LORD, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation.

and in his word I put my hope
Psalm 119:74 May those who fear you rejoice when they see me, for I have put my hope in your word.

My soul waits for the Lord more than the watchmen
Psalm 63:6 On my bed I remember you; I think of you through the watches of the night.

more than watchmen wait for the morning
2 Samuel 23:3-4 "The God of Israel spoke, the Rock of Israel said to me: 'When one rules over men in righteousness, when he rules in the fear of God, he is like the light of morning at sunrise on a cloudless morning, like the brightness after rain that brings the grass from the earth.'"

NOTES:
his word: Psalm 119:25, 28, 37, 42, 49, 65, 74, 81, 107, 114, 147
watchmen: Psalm 127:1; 2 Samuel 13:34; 18:24-27; Song of Solomon 3:3; 5:7

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society. Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.

No comments:

Post a Comment