Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Job 2:10

He replied, "You are talking like a foolish woman. Shall we accept good from God, and not trouble?" In all this, Job did not sin in what he said.

Shall we accept good from God, and not trouble?
Job 1:21 ... and said, "Naked I came from my mother's womb, and naked I will depart. The LORD gave and the LORD has taken away; may the name of the LORD be praised."
Ecclesiastes 2:24-25 A man can do nothing better than to eat and drink and find satisfaction in his work. This too, I see, is from the hand of God, for without him, who can eat or find enjoyment?
Lamentations 3:38 Is it not from the mouth of the Most High that both calamities and good things come?

Job did not sin in what he said
Job 1:22 In all this, Job did not sin by charging God with wrong doing.
Job 6:24 "Teach me, and I will be quiet; show me where I have been wrong."
James 1:12 Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him.
James 5:11 As you know, we consider blessed those who have persevered. You have heard of Job's perseverance and have seen what the Lord finally brought about. The Lord is full of compassion and mercy.

NOTES:
Job 5:17; Deuteronomy 8:5; 2 Samuel 7:14; Psalm 94:12; Proverbs 3:11-12; 1 Corinthians 11:32; Hebrews 12:5-11

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society. Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.

No comments:

Post a Comment