Wednesday, October 28, 2009

John 8:31-32

To the Jews who had believed him, Jesus said, "If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. Then you will know the truth and the truth will set you free."

If you hold to my teaching
John 15:7 "If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be given you."
2 John 9 Anyone who runs ahead and does not continue in the teaching of Christ does not have God; whoever continues in the teaching has both the Father and the Son.

the truth will set you free
John 8:36 "So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed."
Romans 8:2 ... because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death.
2 Corinthians 3:17 Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.
Galatians 5:1 It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.
Galatians 5:13 You, my brothers, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the sinful nature, rather serve one another in love.

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society. Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.

No comments:

Post a Comment