Monday, October 5, 2009

Psalm 23:4

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death
Job 3:5 "May darkness and deep shadow claim it once more; may a cloud settle over it; may blackness overwhelm its light."
Psalm 107:14 He brought them out of darkness and the deepest gloom and broke away their chains.

I will fear no evil
Psalm 3:6 I will not fear the tens of thousands drawn up against me on every side.
Psalm 27:1 The LORD is my light and my salvation--whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life--of whom shall I be afraid?

for you are with me
Deuteronomy 31:6 "Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you."
Deuteronomy 31:8 "The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged."
Psalm 16:8 I have set the LORD always before me. Because he is at my right hand, I will not be shaken.
Isaiah 43:2 "When you pass through the waters I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze."
Matthew 28:20b "And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

your rod and your staff, they comfort me
Psalm 86:17 Give me a sign of your goodness, that my enemies may see it and be put to shame, for you, O LORD, have helped me and comforted me.
Isaiah 12:1 In that day you will say: "I will praise you, O LORD. Although you were angry with me, your anger has turned away and you have comforted me."
Isaiah 49:13 Shout for joy, O heavens; rejoice, O earth; burst into song, O mountains! For the LORD comforts his people and will have compassion on his afflicted ones.

NOTES:
rod: Psalm 2:9; 45:6; Exodus 21:20; 2 Samuel 7:14; Job 9:34; Leviticus 27:32; Ezekiel 20:37
staff: Exodus 21:19; Judges 6:21; 2 Kings 4:29; Zechariah 8:4
comfort me: Psalm 71:21; Ruth 2:13; Isaiah 40:1

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society. Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.

No comments:

Post a Comment