Sunday, October 4, 2009

Psalm 23:3

... he restores my soul. He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

he restores my soul
Psalm 19:7 The law of the LORD is perfect, reviving the soul. The statutes of the LORD are trustworthy, making wise the simple.

He guides me
Psalm 25:9
He guides the humble in what is right and teaches them his way.
Psalm 73:24 You guide me with your counsel, and afterward you will take me into glory.
Isaiah 42:16
I will lead the blind by ways they have not known, along unfamiliar paths I will guide them; I will turn the darkness into light before them and make the rough places smooth. These are the things I will do; I will not forsake them.

in paths of righteousness
Psalm 5:8 Lead me, O LORD, in your righteousness because of my enemies--make straight your way before me.

for his name's sake
Psalm 25:11 For the sake of your name, O LORD, forgive my iniquity, though it is great.
Psalm 31:3 Since you are my rock and my fortress, for the sake of your name lead and guide me.
Psalm 79:9 Help us, O God our Savior, for the glory of your name; deliver us and forgive our sins for your name's sake.
Psalm 106:8 Yet he saved them for his name's sake, to make his mighty power known.
Psalm 109:21 But you, O Sovereign LORD, deal well with me for your name's sake; out of the goodness of your love, deliver me.
Psalm 143:11
For your name's sake, O LORD, preserve my life; in your righteousness, bring me out of trouble.

NOTES:
restores my soul: Ruth 4:15; Proverbs 25:13; Lamentations 1:16
guides me in paths of righteousness: Psalm 77:20; 78:72; Proverbs 8:18, 20-21; 21:21; Isaiah 48:18
for his name's sake: 1 Kings 8:41-42; Isaiah 48:9; Jeremiah 14:21; Ezekiel 20:9, 14, 22

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society. Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.

No comments:

Post a Comment