Friday, October 9, 2009

Psalm 119:2-3

Blessed are they who keep his statutes and seek him with all their heart. They do nothing wrong; they walk in his ways.

Blessed
Psalm 112:1 Praise the LORD. Blessed is the man who fears the LORD, who finds great delight in his commands.
Isaiah 56:2 "Blessed is the man who does this, the man who holds it fast, who keeps the Sabbath without desecrating it, and keeps his hand from doing evil."

are they who keep his statutes
Psalm 119:146 I call out to you; save me and I will keep your statutes.
Psalm 99:7 He spoke to them from the pillar of cloud; they kept his statutes and the decrees he gave them.

and seek him
1 Chronicles 16:11 Look to the LORD and his strength; seek his face always.
Psalm 40:16 But may all who seek you rejoice and be glad in you; may those who love your salvation always say, "The LORD be exalted!"

with all their heart
Deuteronomy 10:12 And now, O Israel, what does the LORD your God ask of you but to fear the LORD your God, to walk in all his ways, to love him, to serve the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul, ...

They do nothing wrong
Psalm 59:4 I have done no wrong, yet they are ready to attack me. Arise to help me; look on my plight!
1 John 3:9 No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God's seed remains in him; he cannot go on sinning, because he has been born of God.
1 John 5:18 We know that anyone born of God does not continue to sin; the one who was born of God (Jesus) keeps him safe, and the evil one cannot harm him.

they walk in his ways
Psalm 128:1 Blessed are all who fear the LORD, who walk in his ways.
Jeremiah 6:16 This is what the LORD says: "Stand at the crossroads and look; ask for the ancient paths, ask where the good way is, and walk in it, and you will find rest for your souls. But you said, 'We will not walk in it.'"
Jeremiah 7:23 "'... but I gave them this command: Obey me, and I will be your God and you will be my people. Walk in all the ways I command you, that it may go well with you.

NOTES:
statutes: Psalm 25:10; Deuteronomy 4:45
heart: Psalm 119:7; Psalm 4:7

(parentheses are mine)

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society. Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.

No comments:

Post a Comment