Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Galatians 2:19-21

"For through the law I died to the law so that I might live for God. I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. I do not set aside the grace of God, for if righteousness could be gained through the law, Christ died for nothing!" 

For through the law I died to the law 
Romans 7:4  So, my brothers and sisters, you also died to the law through the body of Christ, that you might belong to another, to him who was raised from the dead, in order that we might bear fruit for God.

so that I might live for God 
Romans 6:10-11  The death he died, he died to sin once for all; but the life he lives, he lives to God. In the same way, count yourselves dead to sin but alive to God in Christ Jesus.
Romans 6:14  For sin shall no longer be your master, because you are not under the law, but under grace.
2 Corinthians 5:15  And he died for all, that those who live should no longer live for themselves but for him who died for them and was raised again.

I have been crucified with Christ 
Romans 6:6  For we know that our old self was crucified with him so that the body ruled by sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves to sin ...

and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me 
Romans 8:10  But if Christ is in you, then even though your body is subject to death because of sin, the Spirit gives life because of righteousness.
1 Peter 4:2  As a result, they do not live the rest of their earthly lives for evil human desires, but rather for the will of God.

The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God 
Matthew 16:16  Simon Peter answered, "You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God."

who loved me 
Romans 8:37  No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us.

and gave himself for me 
Galatians 1:4  ...who gave himself for our sins to rescue us from the present evil age, according to the will of our God and Father, ...

for if righteousness could be gained through the law 
Galatians 3:21  Is the law, therefore, opposed to the promises of God? Absolutely not! For if a law had been given that could impart life, then righteousness would certainly have come by the law.

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. 
Limited to 15 verses per post.

No comments:

Post a Comment