Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Galatians 1:13-14

For you have heard of my previous way of life in Judaism, how intensely I persecuted the church of God and tried to destroy it. I was advancing in Judaism beyond many of my own age among my people and was extremely zealous for the traditions of my fathers.

For you have heard of my previous way of life in Judaism 
Acts 26:4-5  "The Jewish people all know the way I have lived ever since I was a child, from the beginning of my life in my own country and also in Jerusalem. They have known me for a long time and can testify, if they are willing, that I conformed to the strictest sect of our religion, living as a Pharisee."

how intensely I persecuted the church of God 
1 Corinthians 10:32-33  Do not cause anyone to stumble, whether Jews, Greeks or the church of God--even as I try to please everyone in every way. For I am not seeking my own good but the good of many, so that they may be saved. 

and tried to destroy it 
Acts 8:3  But Saul began to destroy the church. Going from house to house, he dragged off both men and women and put them in prison.

I was advancing in Judaism beyond many of my own age among my people and was extremely zealous 
Acts 21:17-21  When we arrived at Jerusalem, the brothers and sisters received us warmly. The next day Paul and the rest of us went to see James, and all the elders were present. Paul greeted them and reported in detail what God had done among the Gentiles through his ministry. When they heard this, they praised God. Then they said to Paul: "You see, brother, how many thousands of Jews have believed, and all of them are zealous for the law. They have been informed that you teach all the Jews who live among the Gentiles to turn away from Moses, telling them not to circumcise their children or live according to our customs."

for the traditions of my fathers 
Matthew 15:1-3  Then some Pharisees and teachers of the law came to Jesus from Jerusalem and asked, "Why do your disciples break the tradition of the elders? They don't wash their hands before they eat!" Jesus replied, "And why do you break the command of God for the sake of your tradition?"

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. 
Limited to 15 verses per post.

No comments:

Post a Comment