Friday, February 23, 2018

Galatians 2:6-8

As for those who were held in high esteem--whatever they were makes no difference to me; God does not show favoritism--they added nothing to my message. On the contrary, they recognized that I had been entrusted with the task of preaching the gospel to the uncircumcised, just as Peter had been to the circumcised. For God, who was at work in Peter as an apostle to the circumcised, was also at work in me as an apostle to the Gentiles. 

As for those who were held in high esteem 
Galatians 2:2  I went in a response to a revelation and, meeting with those esteemed as leaders, I presented to them the gospel that I preach among the Gentiles. I wanted to be sure I was not running and had not been running my race in vain.

God does not show favoritism 
Acts 10:34-35  Then Peter began to speak: "I now realize how true it is that God does not show favoritism but accepts from every nation the one who fears him and does what is right."
Revelation 2:23  "I will strike her (Jezebel's) children dead. Then all the churches will know that I am he who searches hearts and minds, and I will repay each of you according to your deeds."

they added nothing to my message 
1 Corinthians 15:11  Whether, then, it is I or they, this is what we preach, and this is what you believed.

they recognized that I had been entrusted with the task 
1 Thessalonians 2:4  On the contrary, we speak as those approved by God to be entrusted with the gospel. We are not trying to please people but God, who tests our hearts.

of preaching the gospel to the uncircumcised 
Acts 9:15  But the Lord said to Ananias, "Go! This man is my chosen instrument to proclaim my name to the Gentiles and their kings and to the people of Israel."
Acts 22:14-15  Then he (Ananias) said: "The God of our ancestors has chosen you to know his will and to see the Righteous One and to hear words from his mouth. You will be his witness to all people of what you have seen and heard."

just as Peter had been to the circumcised 
Galatians 2:9  James, Cephas (Peter) and John, those esteemed as pillars, gave me and Barnabas the right hand of fellowship when they recognized the grace given to me. They agreed that we should go the the Gentiles, and they to the circumcised.

(parentheses are mine)

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. 
Limited to 15 verses per post.

No comments:

Post a Comment