Saturday, February 24, 2018

Galatians 2:9-10

James, Cephas (Peter) and John, those esteemed as pillars, gave me and Barnabas the right hand of fellowship when they recognized the grace given to me. They agreed that we should to the Gentiles, and they to the circumcised. All they asked was that we should continue to remember the poor, the very thing I had been eager to do all along. 

James 
Acts 15:13-19  When they finished, James spoke up. "Brothers," he said, "listen to me. Simon (Peter) has described to us how God first intervened to choose a people for his name from the Gentiles. The words of the prophets are in agreement with this, as it is written: 'After this I will return and rebuild David's fallen tent. Its ruins I will rebuild, and I will restore it, that the rest of mankind may seek the Lord, even all the Gentiles who bear my name, says the Lord, who does these things' (Amos 9:11-12)--things known from long ago. It is my judgment, therefore, that we should not make it difficult for the Gentiles who are turning to God."

those esteemed as pillars 
1 Timothy 3:15  If I am delayed, you will know how people ought to conduct themselves in God's household, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and foundation of the truth.
Revelation 3:12  "The one who is victorious I will make a pillar in the temple of my God. Never again will they leave it. I will write on them the name of my God and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem, which is coming down out of heaven from my God; and I will also write on them my new name."

gave me and Barnabas the right hand of fellowship when they recognized the grace given to me 
Romans 12:3  For by the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the faith God has distributed to each of you.

They agreed that we should go to the Gentiles 
Galatians 2:7  On the contrary, they recognized that I had been entrusted with the task of preaching the gospel to the uncircumcised, just as Peter had been to the circumcised.

All they asked was that we should continue to remember the poor 
Acts 24:17  "After an absence of several  years, I came to Jerusalem to bring my people gifts for the poor and to present offerings."

(parentheses are mine)

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. 
Limited to 15 verses per post.

No comments:

Post a Comment