Friday, February 16, 2018

Galatians 1:18-20

Then after three years, I went up to Jerusalem to get acquainted with Cephas and stayed with him fifteen days. I saw none of the other apostles--only James, the Lord's brother. I assure you before God that what I am writing you is no lie. 

Then after three years 
Acts 9:23-25  After many days had gone by, there was a conspiracy among the Jews to kill him, but Saul learned of their plan. Day and night they kept close watch on the city gates in order to kill him. But his followers took him by night and lowered him in a basket through an opening in the wall.

I went up to Jerusalem to get acquainted with Cephas and stayed with him fifteen days 
Acts 9:26-28  When he came to Jerusalem, he tried to join the disciples, but they were all afraid of him, not believing that he really was a disciple. But Barnabas took him and brought him to the apostles. He told them how Saul on his journey had seen the Lord and that the Lord had spoken to him, and how in Damascus he had preached fearlessly in the name of Jesus. So Saul stayed with them and moved about freely in Jerusalem, speaking boldly in the name of the Lord.

I saw none of the other apostles--only James, the Lord's brother 
Matthew 13:55  "Isn't this the carpenter's son? Isn't his mother's name Mary, and aren't his brothers James, Joseph, Simon and Judas?"
Acts 15:13  When they had finished, James spoke up, "Brothers," he said, "listen to me."

I assure you before God 
Romans 1:9-10  God, whom I serve in my spirit in preaching the gospel of his Son, is my witness how constantly I remember you in my prayers at all times; and I pray that now at last by God's will the way may be opened for me to come to you.

that what I am writing to you is no lie 
Romans 9:1-2  I speak the truth in Christ--I am not lying, my conscience confirms it through the Holy Spirit--I have great sorrow and unceasing anguish in my heart.

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. 
Limited to 15 verses per post.

No comments:

Post a Comment