Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Galatians 1:11-12

I want you to know, brothers and sisters, that the gospel I preached is not of human origin. I did not receive it from any man, nor was I taught it; rather, I received it by revelation from Jesus Christ. 

I want you to know, brothers and sisters 
1 Corinthians 15:1  Now, brothers and sisters, I want to remind you of the gospel I preached to you, which you received and on which you have taken your stand.

that the gospel I preached is not of human origin 
Galatians 1:8  But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let them be under God's curse!

I did not receive it from any man 
Galatians 1:1  Paul, an apostle--sent not from men nor by a man, but by Jesus Christ and God the Father, who raised him from the dead--...

rather, I received it by revelation 
Galatians 1:15-16  But when God, who set me apart from my mother's womb and called me by his grace, was pleased to reveal his Son in me so that I might preach him among the Gentiles, my immediate response was not to consult any human being.
1 Corinthians 2:10  These are the things God has revealed to us by his Spirit. The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God.

from Jesus Christ 
1 Corinthians 11:23-26  For I received from the Lord what I also passed on to you: The Lord Jesus, on the night he was betrayed, took bread, and when he had given thanks, he broke it and said, "This is my body, which is for you; do this in remembrance of me." In the same way, after supper, he took the cup, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in my blood; do this, whenever you drink it, in remembrance of me." For whenever you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lord's death until he comes.
1 Corinthians 15:3-5  For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the scriptures, and that he appeared to Cephas, and then to the Twelve.

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. 
Limited to 15 verses per post.

No comments:

Post a Comment