Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Psalm 23:5-6

You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. Surely your goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever. 

You prepare a table before me 
Job 36:16  "He is wooing you from the jaws of distress to a spacious place free from restriction, to the comfort of your table laden with choice food."

You anoint my head with oil 
Psalm 45:7  You love righteousness and hate wickedness; therefore God, your God, has set you above your companions by anointing you with the oil of joy.
Psalm 92:10  You have exalted my horn (symbolizing strength) like that of a wild ox; fine oils have been poured on me.
Luke 7:44-47  Then he turned toward the woman and said to Simon, "Do you see this woman? I came into your house. You did not give me any water for my feet, but she wet my feet with her tears and wiped them with her hair. You did not give me a kiss, but this woman, from the time I entered, has not stopped kissing my feet. You did not put oil on my head, but she has poured perfume on my feet. Therefore, I tell you, her many sins have been forgiven--as her great love has shown. But whoever has been forgiven little loves little."

my cup overflows 
Psalm 16:5  LORD, you alone are my portion and my cup; you make my lot secure.

Surely your goodness and love will follow me 
Nehemiah 9:25  "They captured the fortified cities and fertile land; they took possession of houses filled with all kinds of good things, wells already dug, vineyards, olive groves and fruit trees in abundance. They ate to the full and were well-nourished; they reveled in your great goodness."
Psalm 25:7  Do not remember the sins of my youth and my rebellious ways; according to your love remember me, for you, LORD, are good.
Psalm 69:16  Answer me, LORD, out of the goodness of your love; in your great mercy turn to me.

(parentheses are mine)

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. 
Limited to 15 verses per post.

No comments:

Post a Comment