Sunday, July 3, 2016

Psalm 23:2-3

He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he refreshes my soul. He guides me along the right paths for his name's sake.

he leads me beside quiet waters 
Psalm 36:8  They feast on the abundance of your house; you give them drink from your river of delights.
Psalm 46:4  There is a river whose streams make glad the city of God, the holy place where the Most High dwells.
Revelation 7:17  "For the Lamb at the center of the throne will be their shepherd; 'he will lead them to springs of living water.' (Isaiah 49:10) 'And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes.' " (Isaiah 25:8)

he refreshes my soul 
Psalm 19:7  The law of the LORD is perfect, refreshing the soul. The statutes of the LORD are trustworthy, making wise the simple.

He guides me 
Psalm 25:9  He guides the humble in what is right and teaches them his way.
Isaiah 42:16  "I will lead the blind by ways they have not known, along unfamiliar paths I will guide them; I will turn the darkness into light before them and make the rough places smooth. These are the things I will do; I will not forsake them."

along the right paths 
Psalm 5:8  Lead me, LORD, in your righteousness because of my enemies--make your way straight before me.

for his name's sake 
Psalm 25:11  For the sake of your name, LORD, forgive my iniquity, though it is great.
Psalm 31:3  Since you are my rock and my fortress, for the sake of your name lead and guide me.
Psalm 79:9  Help us, God our Savior, for the glory of your name; deliver us and forgive our sins for your name's sake.
Psalm 106:8  Yet he saved them for his name's sake, to make his mighty power known.
Psalm 109:21  But you, Sovereign LORD, help me for your name's sake; out of the goodness of your love, deliver me.
Psalm 143:11  For your name's sake, LORD, preserve my life; in your righteousness, bring me out of trouble.

(parentheses are mine)

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. 
Limited to 15 verses per post.

No comments:

Post a Comment