Friday, July 1, 2016

Psalm 22:30-31

Posterity will serve him; future generations will be told about the Lord. They will proclaim his righteousness, declaring to a people yet unborn: He has done it! 

Posterity will serve him 
Isaiah 53:10  Yet it was the LORD's will to crush him and cause him to suffer, and though the LORD makes his life an offering for sin, he will see his offspring and prolong his days, and the will of the LORD will prosper in his hand.
Isaiah 54:3  "For you will spread out to the right and to the left; your descendants will dispossess nations and settle in their desolate cities."
Isaiah 61:9  "Their descendants will be known among the nations and their offspring among the peoples. All who see them will acknowledge that they are a people the LORD has blessed."
Isaiah 66:22  "As the new heavens and the new earth that I make will endure before me," declares the LORD, "so will your name and descendants endure."

future generations will be told about the Lord 
Psalm 102:18  Let this be written for a future generation, that a people not yet created may praise the LORD.

They will proclaim his righteousness 
Psalm 5:8  Lead me, LORD, in your righteousness because of my enemies--make your way straight before me.
Psalm 40:9  I proclaim your saving acts in the great assembly; I do not seal my lips, LORD, as you know.

declaring to a people not yet born 
Psalm 71:18  Even when I am old and gray, do not forsake me, my God, till I declare your power to the next generation, your mighty acts to all who are to come.
Psalm 78:5-6  He decreed statutes for Jacob and established the law in Israel, which he commanded our ancestors to teach their children, so the next generation would know them, even the children yet to be born, and they in turn would tell their children.

He has done it! 
Luke 18:31  Jesus took the Twelve aside and told them, "We are going up to Jerusalem, and everything that is written by the prophets about the Son of Man will be fulfilled."
Luke 24:44-45  He said to them, "This is what I told you while I was still with you: Everything must be fulfilled that is written about me in the Law of Moses, the Prophets and the Psalms." Then he open their minds so they could understand the Scriptures.

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. 
Limited to 15 verses per post.

No comments:

Post a Comment