Monday, July 15, 2013

TRUTH Job 42:7-8

After the LORD had said these things to Job, he said to Eliphaz the Temanite, "I am angry with you and your two friends, because you have not spoken the truth about me, as my servant Job has. So now take seven bulls and seven rams and go to my servant Job and sacrifice a burnt offering for yourselves. My servant Job will pray for you, and I will accept his prayer and not deal with you according to your folly. You have not spoken the truth about me, as my servant Job has." 

After the LORD had said these things to Job 
Joshua 1:7  "Be strong and courageous. Be careful to obey all the law my servant Moses gave you; do not turn from it to the right or to the left, that you may be successful wherever you go."

he said to Eliphaz the Temanite, "I am angry with you and your two friends" 
Job 32:3  He was also angry with the three friends, because they had found no way to refute Job, and yet had condemned him.

because you have not spoken the truth about me, as my servant Job has 
Job 9:15  "Though I were innocent, I could not answer him. I could only plead with my Judge for mercy."

So now take seven bulls and seven rams 
Numbers 23:1 (and also verse 29) Balaam said, "Build me seven altars here, and prepare seven bulls and seven rams for me."
Ezekiel 45:23  " 'Every day during the seven days of the festival he is to provide seven bulls and seven rams without defect as a burnt offering to the LORD, and a male goat for a sin offering.' "

and go to my servant Job 
Job 1:8  Then the LORD said to Satan, "Have you considered my servant Job? There is no one on earth like him; he is blameless and upright, a man who fears God and shuns evil."

and sacrifice a burnt offering for yourselves 
Genesis 8:20  Then Noah built an altar to the LORD and, taking some of all the clean animals and clean birds, he sacrificed burnt offerings on it.

My servant Job will pray for you, I will accept his prayer 
James 5:15-16  And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise them up. If they have sinned, they will be forgiven. Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.
1 John 5:16  If you see any brother or sister commit a sin that does not lead to death, you should pray and God will give them life. I refer to those whose sin does not lead to death. There is a sin that leads to death. I am not saying that you should pray about that.

and not deal with you according to your folly 
Genesis 20:7  "Now return the man's wife, for he is a prophet, and he will pray for you and you will live. But if you do not return her, you may be sure that you and all that belong to you will die."
Job 22:30  "He will deliver even one who is not innocent, who will be delivered through the cleanness of your hands."

(parentheses are mine)

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.

No comments:

Post a Comment