Monday, July 29, 2013

TRUTH Isaiah 48:1-3 Part 1 of 5

"Listen to this, you descendants of Jacob, you who are called by the name of Israel and come from the line of Judah, you who take oaths in the name of the LORD and invoke the God of Israel--but not in truth or righteousness--you who call yourselves citizens of the holy city and claim to rely on the God of Israel--the LORD Almighty is his name: I foretold the former things long ago, my mouth announced them and I made them known; then suddenly I acted and they came to pass." 

You who are called by the name Israel 
Genesis 17:5  "No longer will you be called Abram; your name will be Abraham, for I have made you a father of many nations."
Genesis 32:28  Then the man said, "Your name will no longer be Jacob, but Israel, because you have struggled with God and with humans and have overcome."

and come from the line of Judah 
Genesis 29:35  She conceived again, and when she gave birth to a son she said, "This time I will praise the LORD." So she named him Judah. Then she stopped having children.

you who take oaths 
Isaiah 19:18  In that day five cities in Egypt will speak the language of Canaan and swear allegiance to the LORD Almighty. One of them will be called the City of the Sun.

in the name of the LORD 
1 Samuel 20:42  Jonathan said to David, "Go in peace, for we have sworn friendship with each other in the name of the LORD, saying, 'The LORD is witness between you and me, and between your descendants and my descendants forever.' " Then David left, and Jonathan went back to the town.
Isaiah 43:6-7  "I will say to the north, 'Give them up!' And to the south, 'Do not hold them back.' Bring my sons from afar and my daughters from the ends of the earth--every one who is called by my name, whom I created for my glory, whom I formed and made."

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.

No comments:

Post a Comment