Tuesday, July 30, 2013

TRUTH Isaiah 48:1-3 Part 2 of 5

"Listen to this, you descendants of Jacob, you who are called by the name of Israel and come from the line of Judah, you who take oaths in the name of the LORD and invoke the God of Israel--but not in truth or righteousness--you who call yourselves citizens of the holy city and claim to rely on the God of Israel--the LORD Almighty is his name: I foretold the former things long ago, my mouth announced them and I made them known; then suddenly I acted and they came to pass."  

and invoke the God of Israel 
Exodus 23:13  "Be careful to do everything I have said to you. Do not invoke the names of other gods; do not let them be heard on your lips."
2 Samuel 14:11  She said, "Then let the king invoke the LORD his God to prevent the avenger of blood from adding to the destruction, so that my son will not be destroyed."  "As surely as the LORD lives," he said, "not one hair of your son's head will fall to the ground."
Psalm 50:16  But to the wicked person God says: "What right have you to recite my laws or take my covenant on your lips?"
Isaiah 58:2  "For day after day they seek me out; they seem eager to know my ways, as if they were a nation that does what is right and has not forsaken the commands of its God. They ask me for just decisions and seem eager for God to come near them."
Jeremiah 7:9-10  " 'Will you steal and murder, commit adultery and perjury, burn incense to Baal and follow other gods you have not known, and then come and stand before me in this house, which bears my Name, and say, "We are safe"--safe to do all these detestable things?' "
Jeremiah 44:26  "But hear the word of the LORD, all you Jews living in Egypt: 'I swear by my great name,' says the LORD, 'that no one from Judah living anywhere in Egypt will ever again invoke my name or swear, "As surely as the Sovereign LORD lives." ' "

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.

No comments:

Post a Comment