Saturday, July 14, 2012

JOY Psalm 51:10-12 Part 2 of 3

Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Do not cast me from your presence or take your Holy Spirit from me. Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me.  

Do not cast me 
Psalm 27:9  Do not hide your face from me, do not turn your servant away in anger; you have been my helper. Do not reject me or forsake me, God my Savior.
Psalm 71:9  Do not cast me away when I am old; do not forsake me when my strength is gone.
Psalm 138:8  The LORD will vindicate me; your love, LORD, endures forever--do not abandon the works of your hands.

from your presence 
Genesis 4:13-14  Cain said to the LORD, "My punishment is more than I can bear. Today you are driving me from the land, and I will be hidden from your presence; I will be a restless wanderer on the earth, and whoever finds me will kill me."
Exodus 33:15  Then Moses said to him, "If your Presence does not go with us, do not send us up from here."

or take your Holy Spirit from me 
Psalm 106:32-33  By the waters of Meribah they angered the LORD, and trouble came to Moses because of them; for they rebelled against the Spirit of God, and rash words came from Moses' lips.
Isaiah 63:10  Yet they rebelled and grieved his Holy Spirit. So he turned and became their enemy and he himself fought against them.
Ephesians 4:30  And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, with whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.™ Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.

No comments:

Post a Comment