Tuesday, July 3, 2012

JOY Psalm 42:4

These things I remember as I pour out my soul: how I used to go to the house of God under the protection of the Mighty One with shouts of joy and praise among the festive throng.

These things I remember as I pour out my soul 
1 Samuel 1:15  "Not so, my lord," Hannah replied, "I am a woman who is deeply troubled. I have not been drinking wine or beer; I was pouring out my soul to the LORD."

how I used to go to the house of God 
Psalm 55:13-14  But it is you, a man like myself, my companion, my close friend, with whom I once enjoyed sweet fellowship at the house of God as we walked about among the worshipers.
Psalm 122:1  I rejoiced with those who said to me, "Let us go to the house of the LORD."
Isaiah 2:2-3  In the last days the mountain of the LORD's temple will be established as the highest of the mountains; it will be exalted above the hills, and all nations will stream to it. Many peoples will come and say, "Come, let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, to the temple of the God of Jacob. He will teach us his ways, so that we may walk in his paths." The law will go out from Zion, the word of the LORD from Jerusalem.
Isaiah 30:29  And you will sing as on the night you celebrate a holy festival; your hearts will rejoice as when people playing pipes go up to the mountain of the LORD, to the Rock of Israel.

with shouts of joy 
Ezra 3:13  No one could distinguish the sound of the shouts of joy from the sound of weeping, because the people made so much noise. And the sound was heard far away.

and praise 
Psalm 95:2  Let us come before him with thanksgiving and extol him with music and song.
Psalm 100:4  Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name.
Psalm 147:7  Sing to the LORD with grateful praise; make music to our God on the harp.
Jonah 2:9  "But I, with shouts of grateful praise, will sacrifice to you. What I have vowed I will make good. I will say, 'Salvation comes from the LORD.' "

among the festive throng 
Psalm 35:18  I will give you thanks in the great assembly; among the throngs I will praise you.
Psalm 109:30  With my mouth I will greatly extol the LORD; in the great throng of worshipers I will praise him.

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.™ Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.

No comments:

Post a Comment