Wednesday, July 4, 2012

JOY Psalm 43:4

Then I will go to the altar of God, to God, my joy and my delight. I will praise you with the lyre, O God, my God.

Then I will go 
Psalm 42:2  My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. When can I go and meet with God?

to the altar of God 
Psalm 26:6-7  I wash my hands in innocence, and go about your altar, LORD, proclaiming aloud your praise and telling of all your wonderful deeds.
Psalm 84:3  Even the sparrow has found a home, and the swallow a nest for herself, where she may have her young--a place near your altar, LORD Almighty, my King and my God.

to God, my joy 
Psalm 21:6  Surely you have granted him unending blessings and made him glad with the joy of your presence.

and my delight 
Psalm 16:3  I say of the holy people who are in the land, "They are the noble ones in whom is all my delight."

I will praise you with the lyre, O God, my God 
Genesis 4:21  His brother's name was Jubal; he was the father of all who play stringed instruments and pipes.
Job 21:12  "They sing to the music of timbrel and lyre; they make merry to the sound of the pipe."
Psalm 150:1-6  Praise the LORD. Praise God in his sanctuary; praise him in his mighty heavens. Praise him for his acts of power; praise him for his surpassing greatness. Praise him with the sounding trumpet, praise him with the harp and lyre, praise him with the strings and pipe, praise him with the clash of cymbals. Let everything that has breath praise the LORD. Praise the LORD.

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.™ Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.

No comments:

Post a Comment