Sunday, June 7, 2020

Psalm 79:8-9 Part 2 of 2

Do not hold against us the sins of past generations; may your mercy come quickly to meet us, for we are in desperate need. Help us, God our Savior, for the glory of your name; deliver us and forgive our sins for your name's sake. 

may your mercy come quickly to meet us, for we are in desperate need 
Psalm 116:6  The LORD protects the unwary; when I was brought low, he saved me.
Psalm 142:6  Listen to my cry, for I am in desperate need; rescue me from those who pursue me, for they are too strong for me.

Help us, God our Savior, for the glory of your name 
2 Chronicles 14:11  Then Asa called to the LORD his God and said, "LORD, there is no one like you to help the powerless against the mighty. Help us, LORD our God, for we rely on you, and in your name we have come against this vast army. LORD, you are our God; do not let mere mortals prevail against you."
1 Samuel 17:45  David said to the Philistine, "You come against me with sword and spear and javelin, but I come against you in the name of the LORD Almighty, the God of the armies of Israel, whom you have defied." 
Psalm 20:7  Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the LORD our God.
Psalm 124:8  Our help is in the name of the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth.

deliver us and forgive our sins for your name's sake 
Psalm 25:11  For the sake of your name, LORD, forgive my iniquity, though it is great. 
Psalm 31:3  Since you are my rock and my fortress, for the sake of your name lead and guide me.
Jeremiah 14:7  Although our sins testify against us, do something, LORD, for the sake of your name. For we have often rebelled; we have sinned against you.

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, 
Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. 
Limited to 15 verses per post.

No comments:

Post a Comment