Friday, June 5, 2020

Psalm 79:6-7 Part 2 of 2

Pour out your wrath on the nations that do not acknowledge you, on the kingdoms that do not call on your name; for they have devoured Jacob and devastated his homeland.  

that do not call on your name 
Psalm 14:4  Do all these evildoers know nothing? They devour my people as though eating bread; they never call on the LORD.
Isaiah 64:7  No one calls on your name or strives to lay hold of you; for you have hidden your face from us and have given us over to our sins.
Isaiah 65:1  "I revealed myself to those who did not ask for me; I was found by those who did not seek me. To a nation that did not call on my name, I said, 'Here am I, here am I.' "
Hosea 7:7  "All of them are hot as an oven; they devour their rulers. All their kings fall, and none of them calls on me."
Isaiah 9:13  But the people have not returned to him who struck them, nor have they sought the LORD Almighty.
Zephaniah 1:4-6  "I will stretch out my hand against Judah and against all who live in Jerusalem. I will destroy every remnant of Baal worship in this place, the very names of the idolatrous priests--those who bow down on the roofs to worship the starry host, those who  bow down and swear by the LORD and who also swear by Molek, those who turn back from following the LORD and neither seek the LORD nor inquire of him." 

for they have devoured Jacob and devastated his homeland 
Isaiah 9:12  Arameans from the east and Philistines from the west have devoured Israel with open mouth. Yet for all this, his anger is not turned away, his hand is still upraised. 
Jeremiah 10:25  Pour out your wrath on the nations that do not acknowledge you, on the peoples who do not call on your name. For they have devoured Jacob; they have devoured him completely and destroyed his homeland.

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, 
Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. 
Limited to 15 verses per post.

No comments:

Post a Comment