Sunday, June 14, 2020

John 1:4-5 Part 2 of 3

In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.

and that life was the light of all mankind 
Psalm 36:9  For with you is the fountain of life; in your light we see light.
John 3:19  This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but people loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. 
John 8:12  When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."
John 9:5  "While I am in the world, I am the light of the world."
John 12:46  "I have come into the world as a light, so that no one who believes in me should stay in darkness."

The light shines in the darkness 
Psalm 18:28  You, LORD, keep my lamp burning; My God turns my darkness into light.
Psalm 97:11  Light shines on the righteous and joy on the upright in heart.
Psalm 112:4  Even in darkness light dawns for the upright, for those who are gracious and compassionate and righteous.
Acts 26:17-18  "I will rescue you from your own people and from the Gentiles. I am sending you to them to open their eyes and turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, so that they may receive forgiveness of sins and a place among those who are sanctified by faith in me." 
2 Corinthians 4:6  For God, who said, "Let light shine out of darkness," (Genesis 1:3) made his light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of God's glory displayed in the face of Christ. 
2 Peter 1:19  We also have the prophetic message (the Old Testament) as something completely reliable, and you will do well to pay attention to it, as to a light shining in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts.

(parentheses are mine) 

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, 
Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. 
Limited to 15 verses per post.

No comments:

Post a Comment