Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Psalm 79:12-13

Pay back into the laps of our neighbors seven times the contempt they have hurled at you, Lord. Then we your people, the sheep of your pasture, will praise you forever; from generation to generation we will proclaim your praise.

Pay back into the laps of our neighbors 
Isaiah 65:6-7  "See, it stands written before me: I will not keep silent but will pay back in full; I will pay it back into their laps--both your sins and the sins of your ancestors," says the LORD. "Because they burned sacrifices on the mountains and defied me on the hills, I will measure into their laps the full payment for their former deeds." 
Jeremiah 32:18a  "You show love to thousands but bring the punishment for the parents' sins into the laps of their children after them."

seven times the contempt they have hurled at you, Lord 
Genesis 4:15  But the LORD said to him, "Not so; anyone who kills Cain will suffer vengeance seven times over." Then the LORD put a mark on Cain so that no one who found him would kill him.
Genesis 4:24  "If Cain is avenged seven times, then Lamech seventy-seven times."
Leviticus 26:21  " 'If you remain hostile toward me and refuse to listen to me, I will multiply your afflictions seven times over, as your sins deserve.' "

Then we your people, the sheep of your pasture 
Psalm 74:1  O God, why have you rejected us forever? Why does your anger smolder against the sheep of your pasture?
Psalm 95:6-7a  Come let us bow down in worship, let us kneel before the LORD our Maker; for he is our God and we are the people of his pasture, the flock under his care.
Psalm 100:3  Know that the LORD is God. It is he who made us, and we are his; we are his people, the sheep of his pasture.

will praise you forever 
Psalm 44:8  In God we make our boast all day long, and we will praise your name forever.
Psalm 30:11-12  You turned my wailing into dancing; you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy, that my heart may sing your praises and not be silent. LORD my God, I will praise you forever.

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, 
Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. 
Limited to 15 verses per post.

No comments:

Post a Comment