Monday, April 22, 2013

SALVATION Luke 1:69-71

"He has raised up a horn [strong king] of salvation for us in the house of his servant David (as he said through his holy prophets of long ago), salvation from our enemies and from the hand of all who hate us--..." 

He has raised up a horn of salvation for us 
1 Samuel 2:1  Then Hannah prayed and said: "My heart rejoices in the LORD; in the LORD my horn [strength] is lifted high. My mouth boasts over my enemies, for I delight in your deliverance."
1 Samuel 2:10  "... those who oppose the LORD will be broken. The Most High will thunder from heaven; the LORD will judge the ends of the earth. He will give strength to his king and exalt the horn [strength] of his anointed."
2 Samuel 22:3  "... my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn [strength] of my salvation. He is my stronghold, my refuge, and my savior--from violent people you save me."
Psalm 18:2  The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn [strength] of my salvation, my stronghold.
Psalm 89:17  For you are their glory and strength, and by your favor you exalt our horn [strong king].
Psalm 132:17  "Here I will make a horn [strong king] grow for David and set up a lamp for my anointed one."
Ezekiel 29:21  "On that day I will make a horn [strength] grow for the Israelites, and I will open your mouth among them. Then they will now that I am the LORD."

in the house of his servant David 
Matthew 1:1  This is the genealogy of Jesus the Messiah the son of David, the son of Abraham: ...

(as he said through his holy prophets of long ago) 
Jeremiah 23:5  "The days are coming," declares the LORD, "when I will raise up for David a righteous Branch, a King who will reign wisely and do what is just and right in the land."
Acts 3:21-22  "Heaven must receive him until the time comes for God to restore everything, as he promised long ago through his holy prophets."
Romans 1:2  ... the gospel he promised beforehand through his prophets in the Holy Scriptures ...

[brackets are mine]

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.

No comments:

Post a Comment