Friday, April 12, 2013

SALVATION Isaiah 63:4-6

"It was for me the day of vengeance; the year for me to redeem had come. I looked, but there was no one to help, I was appalled that no one gave support; so my own arm achieved salvation for me, and my own wrath sustained me. I trampled the nations in my anger; in my wrath I made them drunk and poured their blood on the ground." 

It was for me the day of vengeance 
Isaiah 1:24  Therefore the Lord, the LORD Almighty, the Mighty One of Israel, declares: "Ah! I will vent my wrath on my foes and avenge myself on my enemies."
Jeremiah 50:15  "Shout against her (Babylon) on every side! She surrenders, her towers fall, her walls are town down. Since this is the vengeance of the LORD, take vengeance on her; do to her as she has done to others."

I looked, but there was no one to help 
2 Kings 14:26  The LORD had seen how bitterly everyone in Israel, whether slave or free was suffering; there was no one to help them.
Isaiah 41:28  "I look but there is no one--no one among the gods to give counsel, no one to give answer when I ask them."

so my own arm achieved salvation for me 
Psalm 44:3  It was not by their sword that they won the land, nor did their arm bring them victory; it was your right hand, your arm, and the light of your face, for you loved them.
Psalm 98:1  Sing to the LORD a new song, for he has done marvelous things; his right hand and his holy arm have worked salvation for him.

and my own wrath sustained me 
Isaiah 59:16  He saw that there was no one to intervene; so his own arm achieved salvation for him, and his own righteousness sustained him.

I trampled the nations in my anger 
Job 40:12  "... look at all who are proud and humble them, crush the wicked where they stand."
Psalm 108:13  With God we will gain the victory, and he will trample down our enemies.

In my wrath I made them drunk 
Isaiah 29:9  Be stunned and amazed, blind yourselves and be sightless; be drunk, but not from wine, stagger, but not from beer.
Lamentations 4:21  Rejoice and be glad, Daughter of Edom, you who live in the land of Uz. But to you also the cup will be passed; you will be drunk and stripped naked.

and poured their blood on the ground 
Isaiah 34:3  Their slain will be thrown out, their dead bodies will stink; the mountains will be soaked with their blood.

(parentheses are mine)

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.

No comments:

Post a Comment