Monday, April 8, 2013

SALVATION Isaiah 61:10

I delight greatly in the LORD; my soul rejoices in my God. For he has clothed me with garments of salvation and arrayed me in a robe of his righteousness, as a bridegroom adorns his head like a priest, and as a bride adorns herself with her jewels.

I delight greatly in the LORD; my soul rejoices in my God 
Psalm 2:11  Serve the LORD with fear and celebrate his rule with trembling.
Isaiah 7:13  Then Isaiah said, "Hear now, you house of David! Is it not enough to try the patience of humans? Will you try the patience of my God also?"
Psalm 25:9  In that day they will say, "Surely this is our God; we trusted in him, and he saved us. This is the LORD, we trusted in him; let us rejoice and be glad in his salvation."
Habakkuk 3:17-18  Though the fig tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines, though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food, though there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the LORD. I will be joyful in God my Savior.
Luke 1:46-47  And Mary said: "My soul glorifies the Lord and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior, ..."

For he has clothed me with garments of salvation and arrayed me in a robe of his righteousness 
Psalm 132:9  " 'May your priests be clothed with your righteousness; may your faithful people sing for joy.' "
Isaiah 52:1  Awake, awake, Zion, clothe yourself with strength! Put on your garments of splendor, Jerusalem, the holy city. The uncircumcised and defiled will not enter you again.
Revelation 19:8  "Fine linen, bright and clean, was given to her to wear." (Fine linen stands for the righteous acts of God's holy people.)

as a bridegroom adorns his head like a priest 
Exodus 39:27-28  For Aaron and his sons, they made tunics of fine linen--the work of a weaver--and the turban of fine linen, the linen caps and the undergarments of fine twisted linen.

and as a bride adorns herself with her jewels 
Isaiah 49:18  "Lift up your eyes and look around; all your children gather and come to you. As surely as I live," declares the LORD, "you will wear them all as ornaments; you will put them on, like a bride."
Revelation 21:2  I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband.

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.

No comments:

Post a Comment