Monday, April 15, 2013

SALVATION Jeremiah 3:21-23 Part 2 of 2

A cry is heard on the barren heights, the weeping and pleading of the people of Israel, because they have perverted their ways and have forgotten the LORD their God. "Return, faithless people; I will cure you of backsliding."  "Yes, we will come to you, for you are the LORD our God. Surely the idolatrous commotion on the hills and mountains is a deception; surely in the LORD our God is the salvation of Israel." 

I will cure you 
Isaiah 30:26  The moon will shine like the sun, and the sunlight will be seven times brighter, like the light of seven full days, when the LORD binds up the bruises of his people and heals the wounds he inflicted.
Isaiah 57:18  "I have seen their ways, but I will heal them; I will guide them and restore comfort to Israel's mourners, ..."
Jeremiah 33:6  " 'Nevertheless, I will bring health and healing to it; I will heal my people and will let them enjoy abundant peace and security.' "
Hosea 6:1  "Come, let us return to the LORD. He has torn us to pieces but he will heal us; he has injured us but he will bind up our wounds."

of backsliding 
Jeremiah 2:19  "Your wickedness will punish you; your backsliding will rebuke you. Consider then and realize how evil and bitter it is for you when you forsake the LORD your God and have no awe of me," declares the Lord, the LORD Almighty. 

Surely the idolatrous commotion on the hills and mountains is a deception 
Jeremiah 2:20  "Long ago you broke off your yokes and tore off your bonds; you said, 'I will not serve you!' Indeed, on every high hill and under every spreading tree you lay down like a prostitute."

Surely in the LORD our God is the salvation of Israel 
Psalm 3:8  From the LORD comes deliverance. May your blessing be on your people.
Jeremiah 17:14  Heal me, LORD, and I will be healed; save me and I will be saved, for you are the one I praise. 

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.

No comments:

Post a Comment