Saturday, April 20, 2013

SALVATION Jonah 2:9

"But I, with shouts of grateful praise, will sacrifice to you. What I have vowed I will make good. I will say, 'Salvation comes from the LORD.' " 

But I, with shouts of grateful praise 
Psalm 42:4  These things I remember as I pour out my soul: how I used to go to the house of God under the protection of the Mighty One with shouts of joy and praise among the festive throng.

will sacrifice to you 
Psalm 50:14-15  "Sacrifice thank offerings to God, fulfill your vows to the Most High, and call on me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you will honor me."
Psalm 50:23  "Those who sacrifice thank offerings honor me, and to the blameless I will show my salvation."
Hebrews 13:15  Through Jesus, therefore, let us continually offer to God a sacrifice of praise--the fruit of lips that openly profess his name.

What I have vowed I will make good 
Numbers 30:2  "When a man makes a vow to the LORD or takes an oath to obligate himself by a pledge, he must not break his word but must do everything he said."
Psalm 116:14  I will fulfill my vows to the LORD in the presence of all his people.
Ecclesiastes 5:4-5  When you make a vow to God, do not delay to fulfill it. He has no pleasure in fools; fulfill your vow. It is better not to make a vow than to make one and not fulfill it.

I will say, 'Salvation comes from the LORD' 
Exodus 15:2  "The LORD is my strength and my defense; he has become my salvation. He is my God, and I will praise him, my father's God and I will exalt him."
Psalm 3:8  From the LORD comes deliverance. May your blessing be on your people.

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.

No comments:

Post a Comment