Sunday, April 14, 2013

SALVATION Jeremiah 3:21-23 Part 1 of 2

A cry is heard on the barren heights, the weeping and pleading of the people of Israel, because they have perverted their ways and have forgotten the LORD their God. "Return, faithless people; I will cure you of backsliding."  "Yes, we will come to you, for you are the LORD our God. Surely the idolatrous commotion on the hills and mountains is a deception; surely in the LORD our God is the salvation of Israel." 

A cry is heard on the barren heights 
Jeremiah 3:2  "Look up to the barren heights and see. Is there any place where you have not been ravished? By the roadside you sat waiting for lovers, sat like a nomad in the desert. You have defiled the land with your prostitution and wickedness."

the weeping and pleading of the people of Israel 
Jeremiah 31:18 "I have surely heard Ephraim's moaning. 'You disciplined me like an unruly calf, and I have been disciplined. Restore me, and I will return, because you are the LORD my God.' "

because they have perverted their ways and have forgotten the LORD their God 
Isaiah 57:11  "Whom have you so dreaded and feared that you have not been true to me, and have neither remembered me nor taken this to heart? Is it not because I have long been silent that you do not fear me?"

Return, faithless people 
Jeremiah 3:12  "Go, proclaim this message toward the north: 'Return, faithless Israel,' declares the LORD, 'I will frown on you no longer, for I am faithful,' declares the LORD, 'I will not be angry forever.' "
Job 22:23  "If you return to the Almighty, you will be restored: If you remove wickedness from your tent ..."

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.

No comments:

Post a Comment