Monday, April 2, 2012

FEAR Psalm 147:10-11

His pleasure is not in the strength of the horse, nor his delight in the legs of the warrior; the LORD delights in those who fear him, who put their hope in his unfailing love.

His pleasure is not in the strength
1 Samuel 16:7 But the LORD said to Samuel, "Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The LORD does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart."

of the horse
Psalm 33:16-17 No king is saved by the size of his army; no warrior escapes by his great strength. A horse is a vain hope for deliverance; despite all its great strength it cannot save.

the LORD delights
Psalm 35:27 May those who delight in my vindication shout for joy and gladness; may they always say, "The LORD be exalted, who delights in the well-being of his servant."

in those who fear him
Psalm 33:18 But the eyes of the LORD are on those who fear him, on those whose hope is in his unfailing love, ...
Psalm 103:11 For as high as the heavens are above the earth, so great is his love for those who fear him; ...

who put their hope
Psalm 119:43 Never take your word of truth from my mouth, for I have put my hope in your laws.

in his unfailing love
Psalm 6:4 Turn, LORD, and deliver me; save me because of your unfailing love.
Psalm 13:5 But I trust in your unfailing love; my heart rejoices in your salvation.
Psalm 31:16 Let your face shine on your servant; save me in your unfailing love.
Psalm 85:7 Show us your unfailing love, LORD, and grant us your salvation.
Psalm 119:41 May your unfailing love come to me, LORD, your salvation, according to your promise; ...
Isaiah 54:10 "Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed," says the LORD, who has compassion on you.

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.™ Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.

No comments:

Post a Comment