Sunday, August 26, 2018

Philippians 3:18-19 Part 1 of 2

For as I have often told you before and now tell you again even with tears, many live as enemies of the cross of Christ. Their destiny is destruction, their god is their stomach, and their glory is in their shame. Their mind is set on earthly things. 

For as I have often told you before and now tell you again even with tears 
Acts 20:19  "I served the Lord with great humility and with tears and in the midst of severe testing by the plots of my Jewish opponents." 
Acts 20:31  "So be on your guard! Remember that for three years I never stopped warning each of you night and day with tears."

many live as enemies of the cross of Christ 
Galatians 6:12  Those who want to impress people by means of the flesh are trying to compel you to be circumcised. The only reason they do this is to avoid being persecuted for the cross of Christ.

Their destiny is destruction 
Psalm 73:16-17  When I tried to understand all this, it troubled me deeply till I entered the sanctuary of God; then I understood their final destiny.
Job 8:13  "Such is the destiny of all who forget God; so perishes the hope of the godless."
Psalm 37:38  But all sinners will be destroyed; there will be no future for the wicked.
Romans 6:23  For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

their god is their stomach 
Romans 16:17-18  I urge you, brothers and sisters, to watch out for those who cause divisions and put obstacles in your way that are contrary to the teaching you have learned. Keep away from them. For such people are not serving our Lord Christ, but their own appetites. By smooth talk and flattery they deceive the minds of naive people.

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. 
Limited to 15 verses per post.

No comments:

Post a Comment