Thursday, August 23, 2018

Philippians 3:12-14 Part 2 of 2

Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already arrived at my goal, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.  

Forgetting what is behind 
Luke 9:62  Jesus replied, "No one who puts a hand to the plow and looks back is fit for service in the kingdom of God."

I press on toward the goal 
Hebrews 6:1-2  Therefore let us move beyond the elementary teachings about Christ and be taken forward to maturity, not laying again the foundation of repentance from acts that lead to death, and of faith in God, instruction about cleansing rites, the laying on of hands, the resurrection of the dead, and eternal judgment. 

to win the prize 
1 Corinthians 9:24  Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. 

for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus 
Romans 8:28  And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.
Colossians 3:1-2  Since then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things.

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. 
Limited to 15 verses per post.

No comments:

Post a Comment