Monday, August 20, 2018

Philippians 3:10-11 Part 1 of 2

I want to know Christ--yes, to know the power of his resurrection and participation in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, and so, somehow, attaining to the resurrection from the dead. 

I want to know Christ 
Philippians 3:8-9  What is more, I consider everything a loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them garbage, that I may gain Christ and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ--the righteousness that comes from God on the basis of faith.

yes, to know the power of his resurrection and participation in his sufferings 
2 Corinthians 1:5  For just as we share abundantly in the sufferings of Christ, so also our comfort abounds through Christ.
Romans 8:17  Now if we are children, then we are heirs--heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory.
2 Corinthians 4:10  We always carry around in our body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be revealed in our body.
Galatians 6:17  From now on, let no one cause me trouble, for I bear on my body the marks of Jesus.
Colossians 1:24  Now I rejoice in what I am suffering for you, and I fill up in my flesh what is still lacking in regard to Christ's afflictions, for the sake of his body, which is the church.
1 Peter 4:13  But rejoice inasmuch as you participate in the sufferings of Christ, so that you may be overjoyed when his glory is revealed.

becoming like him in his death 
Romans 6:3-5  Or don't you know that all of us who were baptized into Christ Jesus were buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life. For if we have been united with him in a death like his, we will certainly also be united with him in a resurrection like his.

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. 
Limited to 15 verses per post.

No comments:

Post a Comment