Monday, August 13, 2018

Philippians 2:28-30

Therefore I am all the more eager to send him (Epaphroditus), so that when you see him again you may be glad and I may have less anxiety. So then, welcome him in the Lord with great joy, and honor people like him, because he almost died for the work of Christ. He risked his life to make up for the help you yourselves could not give me. 

Therefore I am all the more eager to send him 
Philippians 2:25  But I think it is necessary to send back to you Epaphroditus, my brother, co-worker and fellow soldier, who is also your messenger, whom you sent to take care of my needs. 

so that when you see him again you may be glad and I may have less anxiety 
2 Corinthians 4:8-9  We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed.
2 Corinthians 11:28  Besides everything else, I face daily the pressure of my concern for all the churches.

So then, welcome him in the Lord with great joy 
Romans 16:1-2  I commend to you our sister Phoebe, a deacon of the church in Cenchreae. I ask you to receive her in the Lord in a way worthy of his people and to give her any help she may need from you, for she has been the benefactor of many people, including me.

and honor people like him 
1 Corinthians 16:17-18  I was glad when Stephanus, Fortunatus and Achaicus arrived, because they have supplied what was lacking from you. For they refreshed my spirit and yours also. Such men deserve recognition.
1 Timothy 5:17  The elders who direct the affairs of the church well are worthy of double honor, especially those whose work is preaching and teaching.

He risked his life to make up for the help you yourselves could not give me       
2 Corinthians 11:9  And when I was with you and needed something, I was not a burden to anyone, for the brothers who came from Macedonia supplied what I needed. I have kept myself from being a burden to you in any way, and will continue to do so.

(parentheses are mine)

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. 
Limited to 15 verses per post.

No comments:

Post a Comment