Saturday, August 11, 2018

Philippians 2:19-24

I hope in the Lord Jesus to send Timothy to you soon, that I also may be cheered when I receive news about you. I have no one else like him, who will show genuine concern for your welfare. For everyone looks out for their own interests, not those of Jesus Christ. But you know that Timothy has proved himself, because as a son with his father he has served with me in the works of the gospel. I hope, therefore, to send him as soon as I see how things go with me. And I am confident in the Lord that I myself will come soon. 

I hope in the Lord Jesus to send Timothy to you soon 
Acts 16:1-2  Paul came to Derbe and then to Lystra, where a disciple named Timothy lived, whose mother was Jewish and a believer but whose father was a Greek. The believers at Lystra and Iconium spoke well of him.
Philippians 2:23  I hope, therefore, to send him as soon as I see how things go with me.

I have no one else like him, who will show genuine concern for your welfare 
1 Corinthians 16:10  When Timothy comes, see to it that he has nothing to fear while he is with you, for he is carrying on the work of the Lord, just as I am.
1 Timothy 4:12  Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct , in love, in faith and in purity.

For everyone looks out for their own interests, not those of Jesus Christ
1 Corinthians 10:24  No one should seek their own good, but the good of others.

because as a son with his father he has served with me in the works of the gospel 
1 Corinthians 4:17  For this reason I have sent to you Timothy, my son whom I love, who is faithful in the LORD. He will remind you of my way of life in Christ Jesus, which agrees with what I teach everywhere in every church.
1 Timothy 1:2  To Timothy my true son in the faith: Grace, mercy and peace from God the Father and Christ Jesus our Lord.

And I am confident in the Lord 
Philippians 1:25  Convinced of this, I know that I will remain, and I will continue with all of you for your progress and joy in the faith.

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. 
Limited to 15 verses per post.

No comments:

Post a Comment