Thursday, August 24, 2017

Psalm 57:6

They spread a net for my feet--I was bowed down in distress. They dug a pit in my path--but they have fallen into it themselves. 

They spread a net for my feet 
Psalm 10:9  ... like a lion in cover he lies in wait. He lies in wait to catch the helpless; he catches the helpless and drags them off in his net.
Psalm 31:4  Keep me free from the trap that is set for me, for you are my refuge.
Psalm 140:5  The arrogant have hidden a snare for me; they have spread out the cords of their net and have set traps for me along my path.

I was bowed down in distress 
Psalm 38:6  I am bowed down and brought very low; all day long I go about mourning.
Psalm 145:14  The LORD upholds all who fall and lifts up all who are bowed down.

They dug a pit in my path 
Psalm 9:15  The nations have fallen into the pit they have dug; their feet are caught in the net they have hidden.

but they have fallen into it themselves 
Esther 6:11-14  So Haman got the robe and the horse. He robed Mordecai, and led him on horseback through the city streets, proclaiming before him, "This is what is done for the man the king delights to honor!" Afterward Mordecai returned to the king's gate. But Haman rushed home, with his head covered in grief, and told Zeresh his wife and all his friends everything that had happened to him. His advisors and his wife Zeresh said to him, "Since Mordecai, before whom your downfall has started, is of Jewish origin, you cannot stand against him--you will surely come to ruin!" While they were still talking with him, the king's eunuchs arrived and hurried Haman away to the banquet Esther had prepared.
Psalm 7:15  Whoever digs a hole and scoops it out falls into the pit they have made.
Proverbs 28:10  Whoever leads the upright along an evil path will fall into their own trap, but the blameless will receive a good inheritance.
Ecclesiastes 10:8  Whoever digs a pit may fall into it; whoever breaks through a wall may be bitten by a snake.

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. 
Limited to 15 verses per post.

No comments:

Post a Comment