Wednesday, September 16, 2015

TRUST Proverbs 11:28 Part 1 of 2

Those who trust in their riches will fall, but the righteous will thrive like a green leaf.

Those who trust in their riches will fall 
Job 31:24-28  "If I have put my trust in gold or said of pure gold, 'You are my security,' if I have rejoiced over my great wealth, the fortune my hands had gained, if I have regarded the sun in its radiance or the moon moving in splendor, so that my heart was secretly enticed and my hand offered them a kiss of homage, then these also would be sins to be judged, for I would have been unfaithful to God on high."
Psalm 49:5-6  Why should I fear when evil days come, when wicked deceivers surround me--those who trust in their wealth and boast of their great riches?
Psalm 52:6-7  The righteous will see and fear; they will laugh at you saying, "Here now is the man who did not make God his stronghold but trusted in his great wealth and grew strong by destroying others!"
Psalm 62:10  Do not trust in extortion or put vain hope in stolen goods; though your riches increase, do not set your heart on them.
Jeremiah 9:23-24  This is what the LORD says: "Let not the wise boast of their wisdom or the strong boast of their strength or the rich boast of their riches, but let the one who boasts boast of this: that they have the understanding to know me, that I am the LORD, who exercises kindness, justice and righteousness on earth, for in these I delight," declares the LORD.
Jeremiah 48:7  Since you trust in your deeds and riches, you too will be taken captive, and Chemosh will go into exile, together with his priests and officials.
1 Timothy 6:17  Command those who are rich in this present world not to be arrogant nor to put their hope in wealth, which is so uncertain, but to put their hope in God, who richly provides us with everything for our enjoyment.

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. 
Limited to 15 verses per post.

No comments:

Post a Comment