Sunday, September 20, 2015

TRUST Isaiah 8:17

I will wait for the LORD, who is hiding his face from the descendants of Jacob. I will put my trust in him. 

I will wait for the LORD 
Psalm 27:14  Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD.

who is hiding his face from the descendants of Jacob 
Deuteronomy 31:17-18  "And in that day I will become angry with them and forsake them; I will hide my face from them, and they will be destroyed. Many disasters and calamities will come on them, and in that day they will ask, 'Have not these disasters come on us because our God is not with us?' And I will certainly hide my face in that day because of all their wickedness in turning to other gods."

I will put my trust in him 
Psalm 22:5  To you they cried out and were saved; in you they trusted and were not put to shame.
Hebrews 2:10-15  In bringing many sons and daughters to glory, it was fitting that God, for whom and through whom everything exists, should make the pioneer of their salvation perfect through what he suffered. Both the one who makes people holy and those who are made holy are of the same family. So Jesus is not ashamed to call them brothers and sisters. He says, "I will declare your name to my brothers and sisters; in the assembly I will sing your praises." (Psalm 22:22) And again, "I will put my trust in him." (Isaiah 8:17) And again he says, "Here am I, and the children God has given me." (Isaiah 8:18) Since the children have flesh and blood, he too shared in their humanity so that by his death he might break the power of him who holds the power of death--that is, the devil--and free those who all their lives were held in slavery by their fear of death.

(parentheses are mine)

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. 
Limited to 15 verses per post.

No comments:

Post a Comment