Monday, May 11, 2009

Psalm 40:2

He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand.

He lifted me out of the slimy pit
Job 9:31 ...you would plunge me into a slime pit so that even my clothes would detest me.
Psalm 7:15 He who digs a hole and scoops it out falls into the pit he has made.

out of the mud
Job 30:19 He throws me into the mud, and I am reduced to dust and ashes.

and mire
Psalm 69:14 Rescue me from the mire, do not let me sink; deliver me from those who hate me, from the deep waters.

he set my feet
Psalm 31:8 You have not handed me over to the enemy but have set my feet in a spacious place.

on a rock
Psalm 27:5 For in the day of trouble he will keep me safe in his dwelling; he will hide me in the shelter of his tabernacle and set me high upon a rock.

Note:
Psalm 30:1 I will exalt you, O LORD, for you lifted me out of the depths and did not let my enemies gloat over me.

Scriptures taken from the Holy Bible, New International Version® NIV®, Copyright© 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society. Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.

No comments:

Post a Comment